Friday, June 7, 2013

Macungie, PA Road Trip..

I will be taking off from Massachusetts on Sunday, June 9, 2013 for a little road trip in my 53 GMC.  As you can see in the picture,  I am spending the day getting it loaded up with spare parts and tools.  Having driven it across the USA in 2009, I have a good idea of what to pack.  Over the last couple of weeks I have checked and re-checked, tightened and re-tightened, so the truck is all set to roll.

My plan is to head south to Virginia and take a look around. Although I have traveled through the area of Virginia that is close to DC,  I have never driven south or down the Blue Ridge Parkway or Skyline Drive.  I would also like to see Jefferson's Monticello and some other sights in and around Charlottesville. Once my Virginia tour is over, I will swing north and attend the Antique Truck Club of America National Show in Macungie, Pennsylvania on Friday and Saturday.

I should be able to make an entry each day to show my progress....




No comments:

Post a Comment